Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Accidental Husband

So, today was day 3 and things are going well - aside from my perma-headache that is!  I've been enjoying the No-Bake Energy Bites and my Cranberry Bran muffins - I'll have to make more tomorrow since my kids have also developed a liking!  Last night for dinner I made Korean Beef (only used 1/2 of the soy sauce I usually do!).  I thought I'd reward myself a little bit and after dinner made a banana milkshake which I shared with my two youngest kids.  I was mentally preparing to go to my husbands' baseball team party and come home for an early night, but...
John and my friends had something else planned!  An impromtu surprise early birthday party for me!  A night with my besties Carla & Steve, Melissa & Glen and John - playing Five Crowns and enjoying a spread of wine and cheese - Dubliner, my fave!  This was then followed with Carla's famous ice cream cake she made for me "I-Rish U Happy B-Day" - for those of you who don't know me, along with my passion for Colin Firth comes a passion for all things Irish, so I was very touched by this!  It's also great to enjoy a cake that I haven't made myself!! 

So, for someone who is supposed to be trying to reduce cholesterol and BP, our little feast probably didn't mesh, but hey, it was a celebration - and there are always exceptions for birthdays!!!  I did take a pass on the olives though - yuck!!! 

I can't believe how tired I was last night!  I could have totally crashed by 11 pm - what is happening to me???  I was in bed by 12:30 which is later than the past few nights but still hours earlier than just a week ago!  The past few days I've had a perma headache - possibly withdrawal symptoms?

Today John took the kids to the Blue Jays game so I had time to myself which was heavenly!  I went to Curves and broke a sweat listening to Abba - which reminds me of Colin in Mama Mia - which motivated me to work harder!  I'm really getting in to this Colin Firth Diet Club!!!  Oh, and I forgot to mention that I weighed myself before doing the circuit and I was 152 lbs - so Colin, I'm already improving!!!!  Now, how's about a kiss to congratulate me???  LOL

I came home from Curves hungry for lunch.  Looked in the cupboard and saw a box of KD.  Decided to cook spaghetti noodles instead since I had some leftover homemade sauce in the fridge.  A few times this week, I'll have to admit to cursing the bad genes I inherited from my dad - you know, the ones that precondition me to diabetes, high cholesterol and BP, but one of the best things I inherited from my dad is his recipe for spaghetti sauce!!!!  There is nothing like it!  One of my favourite memories when I was younger was helping my dad make this sauce that took all day to make and singing "On top of spaghetti, all covered with cheese...I lost my poor meatball, when somebody sneezed....".    I never even knew that spaghetti sauce could come in a jar until University!

After lunch I found my "Love Actually" soundtrack and listened to it while I had a relaxing bath.  Then since I was still home by myself, I made a cup of tea and grabbed one of my muffins and cosied up on the couch to watch "The Accidental Husband" - the movie I got for free just for signing up for the Colin Firth Diet Club!!

On that note, as it's nearing midnight and I don't want to turn into a pumpkin prematurely - I'll have to say goodnight Richard and I'm sorry Emma didn't pick you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and encouragment most welcome!!