Thursday, January 29, 2015

I Did It!

Well folks, I did it! Today is the final day of my 21 day No Junk Food Challenge!  I can't begin to tell you how invigorated I feel right now!  I just got back from my final workout at Curves before it closes and weighed in at an even 145 lbs!  So, since the first time I weighed myself starting the challenge I was up to 150.5 lbs (still cringing about that!), my total loss over the three weeks is 5.5 lbs!  I also managed to hit my 300th workout before the closure today!!  This just goes to prove that all it takes is WILLPOWER and DETERMINATION!


Sure, some days were tougher than others - when I had a big cake order and banoffee pie to fulfill, suffering through the aroma of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies my daughter baked last weekend...but I made it through and am all the stronger for it!

My eating habits have changed and I'm hoping the impact will be lasting.  This afternoon we are heading up to our condo in Boyne Falls for a weekend of blissful skiing!  My big indulgence this weekend will be that pizza grinder from the Trophy Room at Boyne Mountain and perhaps a cup of hot cocoa at the top of the slopes!  Other than that I'm pretty confident my choices will be healthy ones!

On Sunday night my daughter wanted to make dinner.  In the fall while I was laid up with a broken ankle and John was recuperating from a hernia surgery, she enlisted my mom's help to create her very own thought out concoction which she has aptly named Broken Shepherd's Pie.  She really wanted to make it again and was insistent about doing all the chopping by herself!  I'm so proud of my little chef!  She took care of everything - even setting the table with serviettes and candles!  Revelling in the praise bestowed upon her, she suggested that from now on, the three kids should take turns making dinner on Sunday nights!  DONE!  What a superb idea!  So next weekend Jacob decided he'll be making pork chops with carrots and corn.  I think it's great!  As I've learned myself over the past two years, there is such pleasure derived from creating a lovely meal and watching others enjoy it too. 



Although it was bittersweet leaving Curves today, I am happy about discovering a new little gem within the same plaza that just opened this week.  Farmer Jack's Market!  I walked in on Monday night to a little produce wonderland of sorts!  They sell organic and local produce, but they also make homemade soups and smoothies!  I was so impressed that I went back the next day to order a smoothie and a snack mix to take with me today.  While I was there I met Felicia, the owner and soup chef!  All the staff are very friendly and knowledgeable and I'm looking forward to getting to know them better.  Felicia's soups are amazing!  I've tried the Potato, Leek and Spinach as well as the Creamy Coconut with Jasmine Rice.  I couldn't resist getting a bowl of soup as well.  I highly encourage you to visit this place!  What a great alternative to caving to the drive-thru beckoning at McDonald's, or other fast food joints!  As I type, I am slurping a Blueberry Bliss smoothie (blueberry, banana & spinach) that I picked up right after my workout!  There is no guilt after consuming a bowl of healthy soup and/or smoothie!  There is no feeling about your choices, making you upset with yourself for making those choices leading you to stress eat

 
There is no guilt to be felt after consuming a bowl of healthy soup and/or smoothie!  No need to feel bad about your choices, leading to depression and despair, causing you to stress eat and further the cycle like you might have had you gone to that fast food restaurant instead! 

So I'll end by urging you to go visit Farmer Jack's Market and Felicia and keep this quote in mind!
Now, I must go and pack!  But Colin, why oh why did you back away from the voice of Paddington?  I saw the film last weekend - loved it, but missed your voice!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and encouragment most welcome!!