Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Beginnings!





Since my last entry, I suffered a rather large hematoma on my right leg (soccer injury), took up running and was about to run my first 10K race when a week before I broke my left ankle (again, soccer injury).  Needless to say, these injuries impeded any further progress with my Colin Firth Diet Club, leaving me prone to idleness and weight gain!

I was just recently given the OK to start up at Curves again and I am hoping to work my way out of the slump sooner rather than later!  Last week, upon my return to Curves, I begrudgingly weighed myself and ... gulp...it read 149 lbs.  Yes, I am hanging my head in shame at this very moment, thoroughly disgusted with myself...yet determined to find my way out once again!

It only seemed right, that in the absence of entries for the better part of 2014 I resolve to get myself back on course...with many things...including my blog entries.  And what better subject to inaugurate new beginnings than "Love, Actually"?

As many of you know,  my favourite holiday event is my annual Love Actually party where I invite my lovely friends over (pj's required!) for Chinese food followed by a viewing of our all time favourite Christmas movie!!!  John serves the wine and drives people home to their comfy beds afterwards!  It never fails that we have someone new join us and someone who has not seen it before - I know, I know, I can't believe it either!  It has become my mission to oversee that women the world over succumb to the influence of this film!  This year the newbie was Melanie and she came bearing gift!


Now that's a girl that knows a direct way to my heart!!  This was like a VIP pass good for eternity!  I had a couple new additions to the festivities myself this year.  The ornament that our Elf on the Shelf is wearing which came with the 10th Anniversary DVD and I also ordered wine labels off  Etsy.com!  Next year will be even better when I display the Love Actually pillowcases that Santa brought me for Christmas!!!


My traditional banoffee pie was the best I've ever made!  And of course, it was served after pausing when Juliet (Keira Knightley) arrives at Mark's (Andrew Lincoln) door with her proffered, "Banoffee pie?"!  Carla has requested a banoffee pie for her birthday later this month instead of a cake!






Now, I must go and work on the rest of my New Year's Resolutions ...one of which is to stop cursing so much, with the exception of Love Actually quotes, because sometimes you just gotta say, "Where the fuck is my fucking coat?" (I often feel obliged to substitute car keys, cell phone etc).

Anyways, I know many of us have endured turmoil of one sort or another over the past year, but I wish you all happiness and health for 2015!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and encouragment most welcome!!